Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th October 2009, 12:25 PM
Friend

Default Legacy Pro 100 and 400 film

FWIW and maybe not a lot, one of the sponsors(DigitalTruth) on APUG has just announced the arrival of the above films in the U.K. obtainable from the U.K. section of its website caled Digitaltruth Photo. It seems that these films are Acros and Neopan 400( 35mm only from what I can see) respectively and are being sold cheaper than any site in the U.K I have seen. Price beats Fujifilm U.K even if buying the latter's offer of a 10 pack and is way below 7dayshop

So why my dismal comment "maybe not a lot" above. Well the postage is £5.95 even for one film.

At a quick check it would seem it is worth considering if you buy 11 or more films at once but unless you are into a purchase in the mid teens or higher then there are several suppliers who will give Digitaltruth a close race

Pity about the postage charge. It's way above what it needs to be and gives the impression that the the price has been pitched low to attract buyers but the profit is made from the postage.

I may be unusual as a buyer but I get put off by what seems suspiciousy like "seller manipulation of buyer"

Anyway there it is for your digestion and possible consumption.

Mike
Old 15th October 2009, 06:17 PM
Friend

Hi everyone,

In addition to using apx100/rollei retro 100, I also shoot Fuji B&W film and can confirm Legacy Pro is just a rebranded versions of Acros 100 and Neopan 400.

About a week ago, I was trying to source a UK supplier of Legacy Pro in 35mm format and came up trumps with a solution that worked well for me.

I spoke to Matt at "ag photographic" who ordered and obtained these films for us in 100ft bulk rolls at about £27 per tin (equiv to about 18x36exp). I just added this film to my normal order with him, thus paying no extra carriage. It's not listed on his website, but I'm sure he can obtain most items; "whatever you want" at a fair price. He's very accommodating and is possible source of supply.

Sorry if this sound a plug for his company, but he really does work with you to meet whatever needs you may have. My cans of Legacy Pro film are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, been shipped today!

Hope this little tip helps.

Cheers for now.

apxuser
Old 15th October 2009, 09:48 PM
Friend

Great news. This is the kind of plug I like. I had thought that 100ft rolls had been discontinued or at least impossible to get in the U.K. At about £27 that very good value and I have a bulk loader.

Thanks

Mike
Old 15th October 2009, 10:36 PM
Friend

Smile

Hello Mike,

To give you a bit more background info, I phoned Matt to ask about some darkroom paper I needed and mentioned was their any chance he could get me some Legacy Pro film. He said, I'll find out and would contact me.

Next day, I received an email confirming anticepated price and expected delivery date. Exact price could vary as it comes from europe (exchange rates order weight etc). So it's not sourced in the UK.

Anyway, wherever he got it from, I'm happy to get my hands on it.

Cheers
apxuser
Old 25th October 2009, 12:49 PM
Friend

Default Confirmed Fuji

Great film - I'm happy

Just spooled some Legacy Pro 400 on to 35mm cassettes and thought you might like to see the following attachment (sorry digi) which show empty bulk spool labelled Fuji-Film. Just developed my first roll of this film with the same time and temp for Fuji Neopan 400. Hanging up to dry and it look good

All I got to do now is get a good scanner to show of some negative examples.

cheers
apxuser
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fujifilm_reel-550x479.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	398  
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies