Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th March 2020, 04:56 PM
Friend

Default Ilford 5% off until Midnight on 2nd April 2020

Yet another offer from Ilford That's now two in less than 2 weeks and of a greater frequency than I can recall in the past

It is not massive but in a large enough order to meet the free delivery minimum it might be worth considering

Irrelevant to this offer but I do wonder if the prospect of a long term Coronavirus crisis is beginning to have an effect on Ilford's view of the immediate future .

At the very least an attempt to cheer up its customers when the other major companies like Kodak and Fuji seem to be doing so little for customers by comparison can only be helpful to Ilford's reputation

Mike
Old 30th March 2020, 08:36 PM
Friend

I am on the ilford site and i can't seem to find the offer. My basket total hasn't been reduced
Old 30th March 2020, 09:03 PM
Friend

You need to enter the code ‘stockpile’ at the checkout.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 30th March 2020, 09:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
You need to enter the code ‘stockpile’ at the checkout.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
thank you alex
Old 31st March 2020, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Unfortunate choice of offer code there by Harman/Ilford...
Old 31st March 2020, 07:04 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Unfortunate choice of offer code there by Harman/Ilford...
Bob given Harman's announcement last night the code actually gave away what was already planned then but most of us. me included, never gave it any thought in terms of it foretelling the immediate future

Just a thought and no more than that here: If demand for film and darkroom products drop off in the crisis as opposed to all customers buying a small stockpile as Ilford has planned for then there may be other offers in the coming months unless all of the stock has expiry dates stretching quite a long way into the future

Mike
Old 31st March 2020, 09:16 PM
Friend

I just checked two of Ilfords discounted prices for classic paper and Delta 400 and they were equal or slightly more tha AG's prices!

Tony
Old 31st March 2020, 10:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Marlow View Post
I just checked two of Ilfords discounted prices for classic paper and Delta 400 and they were equal or slightly more tha AG's prices!

Tony
Hasn't this always been the case, Tony? I get the impression that other than possibly short term special offers from Ilford , it never undercuts its retailers which make it a rival. Each time Ilford has a special offer for a few days I do the same as you and check retailers prices and while on certain items often combined with its free delivery policy at a lower order level than most if not all retailers it can slightly undercut some retailers on some items, it never undercuts the likes of Sharif Photographic who is nearly always the cheapest.

Before anyone tells me, I understand that Sharif may have lower costs, cannot offer the full range and for these reasons may have an unfair advantage

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies