Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th March 2018, 08:11 AM
Friend

My print is on its way.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 13th March 2018, 12:54 PM
Friend

Posted mine just now!

Tony
Old 15th March 2018, 12:37 PM
Print Exchange Manager

My offering is in the post.
Mike
Old 15th March 2018, 01:28 PM
Friend

Default Sent and Received

I posted mine this lunchtime, then found an envelope from Rob Archer on the doormat when I called at home. Rob's picture is of a windswept Hunstanton seafront, makes me feel cold to look at it! - it's a sharp image printed on Kentmere FB (I didn't know they made FB?)
Old 15th March 2018, 01:37 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMiller View Post
Posted mine just now!
And received, thanks Tony.

The print I received, initially came across to me as like an undercover, surveillance type of picture. It is of a caravan in a field, shot through bare trees.

Of course, when I read the informative letter that Tony had also sent, I realised that it was part of a project he was doing on his local rural landscape. I for one would be interested to see more of the final pictures.

The print was made from a 5 x 4 negative, which was printed on Ilford MG warmtone RC paper. Not familiar with this paper, I could see that it looked slightly different for some reason. It was only when I laid the print on a sheet of white paper, did I realise that the print and its borders were in fact a quite warm brown tone, which I like very much. So as well as a well executed picture, it has also made me curious about trying out some warmtone paper. (Oh how we photographers are easily convinced to part with more money on new items! )

Many thanks Tony, for yet another picture for my ever expanding album of exchange prints.

Terry S
Old 15th March 2018, 03:09 PM
Friend

Mine's in the post.
Old 16th March 2018, 06:58 AM
Friend

Cheers Terry. I’d never thought of it as an undercover, sureveillance shot (especially with a 5x4 camera!j But I can see what you mean. I like the warm tone paper though, as with most things Ilford these days, it isn’t the cheapest! Thanks for your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
And received, thanks Tony.

The print I received, initially came across to me as like an undercover, surveillance type of picture. It is of a caravan in a field, shot through bare trees.

Of course, when I read the informative letter that Tony had also sent, I realised that it was part of a project he was doing on his local rural landscape. I for one would be interested to see more of the final pictures.

The print was made from a 5 x 4 negative, which was printed on Ilford MG warmtone RC paper. Not familiar with this paper, I could see that it looked slightly different for some reason. It was only when I laid the print on a sheet of white paper, did I realise that the print and its borders were in fact a quite warm brown tone, which I like very much. So as well as a well executed picture, it has also made me curious about trying out some warmtone paper. (Oh how we photographers are easily convinced to part with more money on new items! )

Many thanks Tony, for yet another picture for my ever expanding album of exchange prints.

Terry S

Tony
Old 16th March 2018, 02:55 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundH View Post
I posted mine this lunchtime, then found an envelope from Rob Archer on the doormat when I called at home. Rob's picture is of a windswept Hunstanton seafront, makes me feel cold to look at it! - it's a sharp image printed on Kentmere FB (I didn't know they made FB?)
Glad you like it! Sadly this paper was discontinued a few years ago. I'm fortunate in that I was given a couple of unopened boxes by a friend who was decommissioning his darkroom. It's one of my favourite papers and I shall be sad when I run out.
Old 17th March 2018, 10:36 AM
Friend

mine.s just been posted
Richard
Old 19th March 2018, 11:52 AM
Friend

Posted my print this morning.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies