Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 25th July 2022, 09:26 AM
Friend

Default Anyone fitted a small fish tank pump to their Jobo processor?

Saw a post on Facebook about fitting a small submersible pump into a Jobo processor. This has been done to circulate the water and to aid emptying. Has anyone on here done this? I usually just use a syphon tube to empty the reservoir.
Old 25th July 2022, 10:08 AM
Friend

Default water pump

I use a CPE2 processor. No I have not tried it simply because I don't think it necessary. The heating elements are directly in the area of the beakers with chemicals to warm and the storage bottles where I keep the rinse water. I set the temp to whatever I want but usually a couple of degrees more to compensate for any heat loss through the sides. I let the temp creep up to 100c for colour negs and 20c for B&W and leave it for 15 mins to stabilise.

I have done it this way since buying my 1st JOBO in 1994 with the number of failures which can be counted on one hand with a finger of two left over. They were were down to an
i-d-10-t error - (work that one out!) Chemicals in the wrong beakers, or bad development times, but certainly not down to temperature control mistakes or problems.
I still use a certified mercury thermometer with the JOBO which I have had since the year dot, the JOBO knob adjustment is just not accurate enough, especially for colour where depending on the season the fluctuation can be +/- 3 degrees

Last edited by John King; 25th July 2022 at 10:33 AM.
Old 25th July 2022, 10:22 AM
Friend

My CPA2 has a drain cock at the bottom left hand side of the tank, so draining consists of attaching a length of hose between the tank and a bucket.

Since mine has a water circulating pump that still works I haven't needed the aquarium pump, but it makes sense if you have no built-in pump.

The CPA has 6 slots for 1 litre bottles as well as 4 slots for the small beakers, so circulating the water in the warming water jacket is important to me.

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies