Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Negative Printing Exchange

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd March 2022, 09:38 PM
Friend

Hi Terry.
Your PM box is full.
Mine was last week, and I managed to delete my newest messages rather than the oldest

If you're cleverer than me you can export them and save them.
Old 4th March 2022, 01:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Hi Terry.
Your PM box is full.
Mine was last week, and I managed to delete my newest messages rather than the oldest

If you're cleverer than me you can export them and save them.
The filling up of the old Notifications 'in' and 'sent' boxes creeps up on you regularly, or at least it does in my case.

I have just deleted a good number of messages, which should be fine for at least a little while, so you can send away now.

Terry S
Old 4th March 2022, 01:43 PM
Friend

Uwe, you will be pleased to know that your letter and negative strip has just arrived. Not bad at all, being just 3 days door to door.

It's just started to rain heavily as a rather damp postman delivered it. Because of this your address on the outside of the envelope was almost washed away, but I have it from a previous print exchange with you. Rain has also gotten very lightly onto the letter, but I can read it apart from one thing. Which developer did you develop the film in?

I will be in the darkroom over the weekend, when I hope to find a suitable negative to send to you.

Terry S
Old 5th March 2022, 06:02 AM
Friend

Next time I wrap all with polythenefoil ...

I hope the print and the negative are ok.

I developed in Atomal 49 1+1. This dev works well with foma films. It has a peculiarity: The solved dev loses around 5% activity each week. That means you have to increse the dev time for 5% for every week the (fluid) develpper sits on the shelf. I never use it if it is older than around 8 weeks.
Old 5th March 2022, 12:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Pilz View Post
Next time I wrap all with polythenefoil ...

I hope the print and the negative are ok.

I developed in Atomal 49 1+1. This dev works well with foma films. It has a peculiarity: The solved dev loses around 5% activity each week. That means you have to increse the dev time for 5% for every week the (fluid) develpper sits on the shelf. I never use it if it is older than around 8 weeks.
Uwe, the negative and I'm sure, the print look fine!

I have just read about the developer and it sounds very interesting.

Terry S
Old 6th March 2022, 06:19 AM
Friend

I always buy the 5L packages. My wife gave mes years ago a not too expansive analytical scale as a birthdy present. It displays 1/100 g. I think I can measure 1/10 g with it. With it's help I split the 5L in litre parts. This way the dev ist very low priced. And it is a very good developer, except the storage calculation.

Last edited by Uwe Pilz; 6th March 2022 at 06:22 AM.
Old 6th March 2022, 12:55 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Pilz View Post
I always buy the 5L packages. My wife gave mes years ago a not too expansive analytical scale as a birthdy present. It displays 1/100 g. I think I can measure 1/10 g with it. With it's help I split the 5L in litre parts. This way the dev ist very low priced.
Yes, I too buy any liquid chemicals for the darkroom in 5 litre quantities, for as you say it works out much cheaper, as long as you can decant it into smaller containers and have the room to store it. I used to buy Ilford MG developer like this, before making my own D72, but I still buy fixer like this, as it saves about 50% when compared to the price of 5 individual 1 litre bottles.

I also have a similar small set of scales which have been used a lot, when I have been mixing known to work formulas like D72, but also on my continual quest of mixing up various other (mostly lith) developers.

Terry S
Old 17th March 2022, 12:32 AM
Friend

Time for a refresh on this thread.

On the Negative Exchange participants are paired, exchanging negatives with each other. When odd numbers wish to join in I add myself to complete the last pair. Round 7 attracted 2 participants, which of course is 1 pair.

Terry S was a good enough to offer me negative to work with, and so has become involved in 2 pairs: one with Uwe and one with me.
My thanks to Terry for taking on 2 lots of printing.

The date for exchanging negatives is 25-03-22. T

Terry- drop me a message if workload is piling up. You are printing for two on this round, so please don't feel under any pressure with the deadline.
Old 18th March 2022, 02:44 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Round 7 attracted 2 participants, which of course is 1 pair.
Dear photographers,
I'm new to this forum, I am extremely willing to take part in this exchange for next time, but I have an important to me question concernig the existing rules.
Should I ask here ore at ananother place?

Reginald,
wellknown as Ritchie to some german members
Old 18th March 2022, 03:48 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald S View Post
Dear photographers,
I'm new to this forum, I am extremely willing to take part in this exchange for next time, but I have an important to me question concernig the existing rules.
Should I ask here ore at ananother place?

Reginald,
wellknown as Ritchie to some german members
Hi Richie, welcome to the forum and good to see your interest in the negative exchange swap.

Post any questions here and I'm sure you'll get an answer quickly.

All the best,

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies