Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 22nd July 2010, 08:13 AM
New User

Question Opemus III Meopta

Hi everyone,

I have an Opemus III enlarger that I am hoping to put into a darkroom soon. One problem though, I can't find anywhere on it to adjust the contrast, no dials or slots to fit filters. Has anyone worked with one of these models or owns one that could give me some tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2010, 08:18 AM
Friend

Hi Katherine,

I don't know about that specific enlarger, but Ilford has a kind of filter holder that attaches to the enlarger lens. The filters themselves are inside a frame, very easy to place in the holder.
http://www.ilfordphoto.com/applications/page.asp?n=117

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2010, 08:32 AM
Friend

Katherine,Don't know the opemus 3 but I have an opemus 6,and the filter draw is about half way up on the front, just beneath where the lamp house comes free. If your opemus does not have a filter draw,which I think it should have,then get a set of ilford beneath the lens filters, which has a holder which can attach to the lens to take the filters,Richard
Old 22nd July 2010, 09:31 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

According to threads on other forums the Opemus III does not have a filter drawer. As has been suggested a set of Ilford under lens filters would be the answer.

It is possible, but messy, to sandwich an above lens filter gel with the negative. Not easy to change though without disturbing the negative.

Bill
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:51 PM
Friend

I use a Bellow the Lens set of Ilford Multigrade Filters.

The kit comes with an adapter that is clamped onto the outside of the bottom lip of the Enlarging Lens.

Filters are then slotted into the adapter.

It’s very straight forward.

I use this as I believe I can adjust the paper grade with the minimum chance of disturbing the projected image when I want to burn-in with either a hard or soft grade.

Martin
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:40 AM
New User

Thanks everyone for your help, sounds like the multigrade filters are the way to go then
Old 24th July 2010, 05:46 PM
Friend

I used to have a Opemus IIa, which is very similar to your Opemus III. These enlargers has a movable red filter under the lens. You can remove the red filter from the mount and fasten the Ilford filter holder on it. At least this worked well with my Opemus model.

Trond
Old 25th July 2010, 05:40 AM
Friend

If you want to invest in a multigrade head have a word with Roy at RK Photographic. He is an expert on Meopta enlargers and will be able to tell you if one will fit. They are surprisingly inexpensive and a quality bit of kit.
Old 3rd September 2019, 07:02 AM
Friend

Pull the film holder draw out and there is a space for it on the top part of the film draw, when the top half has closed together, simply position the filter on top over the film between where the two pressure bars slide ( the bars apply pressure to the film draw to hold it in place) , now slide the film draw in place. You are now ready to continue on.
Old 3rd September 2019, 12:00 PM
Friend

Good day to you Bornin and welcome to the site.

As a new member, you may not realise that this is a really old thread, with the last message before yours, being on 25th July 2010, 06:40 AM.

It can sometimes be interesting to reread some of these messages, and sometimes add something new, but don't expect the original poster (OP) to reply, as they only made two posts = BOTH in this thread.

Terry S

Tags
enlarger
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies