Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th October 2020, 02:03 PM
Friend

Default Leica Historical Soc videos Youtube

In between 2 hour sessions in the darkroom on a dark day like it is now, I often take a break and watch videos from various sources. Sort of mind therapy. This one is right up my street because I like shooting people so I thought I'd share. It's about capturing the right moment and, importantly, how to prepare oneself for when, if, it happens. Please enjoy Constantine Manos, photographer & teacher from South Carolina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-eALNr4LzY
Old 24th October 2020, 05:16 PM
Friend

Thank you Rick for posting this - most interesting indeed and with some great images as well. Next time I do some 'street' I shall remember the 5 rules and strive to improve my hit rate .

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 25th October 2020, 09:46 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Yes indeed interesting video and images. It was followed by another video with him about 5 of his pictures which was also interesting.

Thanks for posting.

Mike
Old 25th October 2020, 11:46 AM
Friend

Thanks his tips were worth listening to as well as his reasons why he uses a relatively simple rangefinder. Not sure that Leica is the only camera that fits the bill

I also suspect that putting them into practice successfully may be a matter of many years of practice. It becomes a habit that is second nature and only takes 30 years to fully acquire

Mike
Old 25th October 2020, 06:11 PM
Friend

Interesting and resourceful replies from seasoned FADU members. Practice in the field to gain the necessary skills of looking and taking are more important than top of the range cameras and lenses. There are so many bargains out there of yesterday's mechanical masterpieces at around the £150 mark, give or take. It makes me wonder why I've spent so much taxable income on chunks of peerless glass! My first 'real' camera was a Praktica/Tessar lens when I was a student. At my first paid employment, not de rigour enough, I obtained a perfect & used Pentax Spotmatic back in '76. Why did I get rid???!!! Looking and taking is so important. Can't be emphasised enough. Of course good darkroom practice goes without saying.

Tags
leica, people
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies