Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Help!

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th January 2022, 02:14 PM
Friend

I have just read this from start to finish.

I have now found out why I get logged out when typing a lengthy answer.

Many thanks.

Cheers.
Old 19th January 2022, 02:24 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat Polton View Post
I have just read this from start to finish.

I have now found out why I get logged out when typing a lengthy answer.

Many thanks.

Cheers.
It's happened to me also, mainly when writing a long post or going off to make a hot drink.

Whenever I start a post more than a couple of lines long, I highlight all the text and push 'CTRL + C' regularly, to make sure that my reply is in the computer memory. I do this as sometimes when the site won't allow you to post, trying to go back a page, or pushing the F5 key, to refresh the page, the text sometimes disappears. Arrrggghh!!!!

It's a good habit to get into.

Terry S
Old 22nd January 2022, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
It's happened to me also, mainly when writing a long post or going off to make a hot drink.

Whenever I start a post more than a couple of lines long, I highlight all the text and push 'CTRL + C' regularly, to make sure that my reply is in the computer memory. I do this as sometimes when the site won't allow you to post, trying to go back a page, or pushing the F5 key, to refresh the page, the text sometimes disappears. Arrrggghh!!!!

It's a good habit to get into.

Terry S
This is usually fixed if you tick the "Remember Me" box when you log in - that prevents the system logging you out after a period of inactivity.

When you are typing something in the comments/reply box, all that typing activity is happening inside your browser software, not in the forum software, so the forum does not see any activity from you and logs you out after a while. If you don't want to be remembered, using the Advanced Editor and periodically clicking on the "Preview Post" button sends what you have written so far to the forum so it will not log you out (unless you wait too long - in which case you are back to square one!). Easiest option is to tick the Remember Me box if you don't mind doing that (the forum remembers you anyway - it just does not keep you logged in if you don't tick that box).
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies