Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 25th October 2021, 10:20 AM
Friend

Default Film Troughs for Leitz V35

Hi Alex, Thanks for the photos of the film trough. Being that you have not had any problems with them re. scratching, I am looking to locate a pair. I have had a good search through Ebay but without any success, perhaps you may know where there are some available, like most things V35 they are as rare as hens teeth.
Old 25th October 2021, 12:18 PM
Friend

I bought mine from Mr Cad. You could try calling them, or Secondhand Darkroom who sponsor the forum. You often find that suppliers have things like this that are not listed on their website. The other source for parts was Leica UK, who had a limited range of spares, albeit a few years ago. eBay Germany is also worth a look. A ‘wanted’ ad on the forum itself may also be worthwhile.
Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 4th November 2021, 03:15 PM
Friend

Hi, has anyone out there got a Multigrade Vario contrast Module for a Leitz V35 for sale ?
Old 7th January 2023, 01:26 PM
Friend

Happy new year everyone. What a bloody horrible day it is, wet and miserable. I still haven't found a variocontrast module for my Leitz/Leica V35 enlarger. If anyone has one to sell, please contact me.
Old 18th January 2023, 03:27 PM
Friend

Default Leica V35 Enlarger

I am trying again.....Does anyone have a Variocontrast module for the Leica/Leitz V35 Enlarger that they may wish to sell ?
Old 18th January 2023, 03:29 PM
Friend

Default Leica/Leitz V35

I will try again......Does anyone have a variocontrast module that they may wish to sell ? Please.
Old 18th January 2023, 05:17 PM
Friend

Default V35 Bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
You have got a very good enlarger! The negative carriers that I had on mine (a long while ago) the carrier had pins that kept the negative in place. I am assuming that you have the one with no glass on the bottom and anti Newton Ring glass on the top.

If you think that something is missing the best place I know to ask about them is Second Hand Darkroom who are based in Oxfordshire. The telephone number is 01993 878323.

However, there may be a problem - long term. Correct replacement bulbs are unobtainable. The one made especially for the V35 went out of stock almost everywhere. There was a supplier in Holland that had some but they seen to have gone out of business. A similar one with correct pin fitting in the base are available but are reputed to give a lower light output, possibly due to the difference between the light-source filament not in the ideal position.

I posted a couple of days ago this forum that Silverprint based near Southampton are advertising they have bulbs that are the same as the original Philips priced at £25

Also Second hand darkroom are temporarily closed until the middle of February. There is a note on their website giving the exact date of reopening
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies