Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th March 2021, 01:22 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlawekD View Post
Hi,

Actually I've been mixing Dassonville developer for a good few years with really good results = good contrast. I often deepened blacks in selenium toner, but it wasn't necessary every time.

In your picture, selenium could do good job for blacks leaving open shadows as you like, I think.

Slawek
Thanks for the comments Slawek.

Something else to add to my 'must try' list, although the majority of the time I do prefer the look that my two go to print developers give me without the need of an extra toning step - Ilford MG and home mixed D72 are the developers btw.

And it's good to hear that someone else is trying out these lesser known developer mixes as well.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies