Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Members Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th November 2014, 01:13 PM
Friend

Default Lith printing blog

Thought I'd mention here the blog I started a few months ago about the project I've been working on for some time now, which hopefully will translate in an exhibition sometime next year. Not a lot of content yet, but I'll be adding more during the xmas break. Since it's my first blog ever comments are more than welcome, anything to be improved, anything in particular people might want to know about the project, whatever, really.

http://corstorphinehill.wordpress.com/

Cheers,

Ivan
Old 15th November 2014, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Excellent project Ivan. Some very beautiful images on there.

I've always enjoyed looking at lith prints but lack the patience to attempt them myself!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 16th November 2014, 11:33 PM
Friend

Thanks a lot, Bob. I sometimes despair myself with some slow papers! But it's a nice feeling when you a get a good one after the wait

Ivan
Old 18th November 2014, 07:56 AM
Friend

Looks good! And it is good to see others addicted to this wonderful process... Every time when after a time making regular BW prints I mix a lith developer once more and see the prints come out I do ask myself - why do I bother with "normal" BW, when this is so much better - nicer, more creative...
But you are right about patience with slow papers..
Old 18th November 2014, 10:34 AM
Friend

I had the opportunity to try Lith printing for the first time last week.
Used a negative that I've printed from many times before so that I could judge the difference.
Now completely hooked and shopping around for papers and Lith developer.
Old 18th November 2014, 12:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornishPaul View Post
Now completely hooked and shopping around for papers and Lith developer.
The choice of [new] papers and developers are somewhat limited, and some combinations work better than others. That said, when you start doing 'two pass' lith, results can be interesting and colourful.

Two pass lith: Print slightly darker and process in regular developer. Bleach back, and redevelop in a lith bath.
Warm tone developers for the first pass, and alternative bleaches (copper, chromium, pot.feri/KBr) have a wild affect on the final result

Ivan: One comment from looking at your blog - It would be of interest to know what developer you used with which paper.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies