Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 20th December 2015, 11:03 AM
Friend

Default its christmas

its Christmas again and we are all looking forward to Santa climbing down our chimneys with lots presents so what did you ask Santa Claus for this Christmas, I have ask for 10 roll of HP5 35mm 10 rolls of HP5 120 and a second hand mint Sekonic zoom master l-508 and probably some socks but you cant have everything ...merry Christmas to you all...

www.essexcockney.com
Old 20th December 2015, 01:18 PM
Friend

I'm hoping for a bottle of Photographer's Inspiration Liquid. Made in Scotland, it works extremely well with a pile of OS maps when planning next year's photographic forays. :-D
Old 20th December 2015, 02:16 PM
Friend

Merry Christmas to all, I have just had the best news ever, the mother in law is NOT coming to stay with us this Christmas
Old 20th December 2015, 04:12 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
I'm hoping for a bottle of Photographer's Inspiration Liquid. Made in Scotland, it works extremely well with a pile of OS maps when planning next year's photographic forays. :-D

That's the Spirit!!
Alex
Old 20th December 2015, 05:05 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
Merry Christmas to all, I have just had the best news ever, the mother in law is NOT coming to stay with us this Christmas
The spirit of Les Dawson still strides this land

Mike
Old 20th December 2015, 07:05 PM
Friend

Quote:

I take it then she is not keen on using your darkroom

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 20th December 2015, 08:02 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W Neil View Post
I take it then she is not keen on using your darkroom

Neil.
My darkroom is my sanctuary
Old 20th December 2015, 10:42 PM
Friend

Quote:
My darkroom is my sanctuary once again. It’s always had a sign hanging on the outside of the door stating “Do Not Open – Darkroom in Use.” It can be flipped over to show a blank white side when not in use. All in the house understand it’s purpose. Last year just before Christmas I went in to work and found my long stainless sink filled with STUFF in dusty cardboard boxes. I was not happy, so I politely asked my dear wife what the **** was going on! She explained she needed more temporary space in the adjacent room for Christmas materials. I bit my lip to keep the peace during the holidays.

This summer my step-daughter moved in with us due to financial issues resulting from her husband’s death (cancer). She brought her collection of hundreds of precious CDs. Last week I opened the cabinet door in the adjacent room where I’ve always stored my floodlight reflectors and stands, only to find them gone – replaced by CDs. I was told the lighting was now in a cabinet in the (dirty) garage, barricaded by seldom/never used junk that would necessitate moving a car to access. All this without telling me or seeking my OK. I BLEW MY TOP! Things are now re-organized better and my darkroom sign has a new message on the reverse “DUST FREE ZONE. NOT FOR STORAGE” in large bright red letters. So far it’s been effective. My step-daughter said she thought the wording could have been more diplomatic, to which I replied “I really don’t give a **** what you think.” I felt much better then.
Old 21st December 2015, 08:28 AM
Friend

Quote:

Likewise !!!

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 21st December 2015, 08:36 AM
Friend

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bodine View Post
My darkroom is my sanctuary once again. It’s always had a sign hanging on the outside of the door stating “Do Not Open – Darkroom in Use.” It can be flipped over to show a blank white side when not in use. All in the house understand it’s purpose. Last year just before Christmas I went in to work and found my long stainless sink filled with STUFF in dusty cardboard boxes. I was not happy, so I politely asked my dear wife what the **** was going on! She explained she needed more temporary space in the adjacent room for Christmas materials. I bit my lip to keep the peace during the holidays.

This summer my step-daughter moved in with us due to financial issues resulting from her husband’s death (cancer). She brought her collection of hundreds of precious CDs. Last week I opened the cabinet door in the adjacent room where I’ve always stored my floodlight reflectors and stands, only to find them gone – replaced by CDs. I was told the lighting was now in a cabinet in the (dirty) garage, barricaded by seldom/never used junk that would necessitate moving a car to access. All this without telling me or seeking my OK. I BLEW MY TOP! Things are now re-organized better and my darkroom sign has a new message on the reverse “DUST FREE ZONE. NOT FOR STORAGE” in large bright red letters. So far it’s been effective. My step-daughter said she thought the wording could have been more diplomatic, to which I replied “I really don’t give a **** what you think.” I felt much better then.

Put a decent padlock and hide the key - far less hassle and no arguments with your nearest and dearest. A good excuse for locking it up is the chemicals inside can kill you so best locked away from kids and pets. To reinforce the message you could add a scull and cross bones sign

Neil.

Neil Souch
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies