Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th September 2011, 04:36 PM
Friend

Default Harman launch new pinhole camera

Came across this artictle which may be of interest. I suppose it's one way to promote 5x4 inch film.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ws_309687.html
Old 19th September 2011, 07:05 PM
Friend

I personally think this is excellent news as it shows a definite commitment to 'art' photography - and to 5x4. I might even get one 'for my kids' for Christmas! It looks a well made camera.

Rob
Old 19th September 2011, 07:15 PM
Friend

It would be nice to see a version for under £100 if they could leave out the film and paper but even at £150 it's competative compared to some of the other offerings out there.

Steve
Old 19th September 2011, 08:17 PM
Friend

Mike Walker has designed it and overseen its manufacture - it will be a very well made piece of kit

I am going to buy one - should be terrific fun

Martin
Old 20th September 2011, 05:10 PM
Friend

Quote:
It would be nice to see a version for under £100 if they could leave out the film and paper but even at £150 it's competative compared to some of the other offerings out there
Dunno-I got my MPP for that, with half a dozen DDS, and a 150mm Xenar lens. Or was I just lucky, this time?
Old 20th September 2011, 05:43 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
Dunno-I got my MPP for that, with half a dozen DDS, and a 150mm Xenar lens. Or was I just lucky, this time?
I rather think that you were.
Old 6th October 2011, 09:34 AM
Friend

I do worry this camera is being sold as "incomplete" - the customer has to go and find a darkslide from somewhere. Rather like selling a 35mm camera where the read door is an optional extra. This is not such a problem for the typical ebay-savvy enthusiast, but for schools and colleges, and those completely new to the concept - I really think they need a darkslide in the box.

I've sent a message to them voicing my concerns about it because they have spent a lot of money making the tooling for it.
Old 6th October 2011, 06:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post
I do worry this camera is being sold as "incomplete" - the customer has to go and find a darkslide from somewhere. Rather like selling a 35mm camera where the read door is an optional extra. This is not such a problem for the typical ebay-savvy enthusiast, but for schools and colleges, and those completely new to the concept - I really think they need a darkslide in the box.

I've sent a message to them voicing my concerns about it because they have spent a lot of money making the tooling for it.
Its a good point Matt

Perhaps Ilford should offer 2 versions - one with a Darkslide and the other without.

That way it covers both alternatives.

Martin
Old 6th October 2011, 06:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post

Are you intending to carry the Camera ?

Martin
Old 6th October 2011, 07:56 PM
Friend

Looks a nice pinhole camera and its good Ilford are trying to make a pinhole camera but I think I'll be staying with my Zero Image 4x5.

The shortest "pinhole cone" is 72mm on the Titan. I like to shoot like allot of other people at around 25mm to 50mm on 4x5 to get a nice pin cushion effect, you wont really get this at 72mm.

The pinhole cones look slightly large especially say the 150mm. If you want to shoot at a few different film to pinhole distances you would have to carry around a big bag to hold all the cones. With the Zero image pinhole you can add and remove extension frames in jumps of 25mm starting at 25mm.

Theres no cable release to open and close the pinhole either, they seem to be "considering" one though. I find this very handy although you can live without one.

There dosnt seem to be a zone plate option either where as the zero image does...

I don't know I think I'll be sticking to the Zero image cameras, they cost a bit more but you get much much more I think. The Zero image works exceptionally well and looks really nice too which is very important :-) Having said that well done to Ilford for trying

Martin
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies