Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th April 2018, 02:07 PM
Friend

I would have loved to have come but it was my mothers birthday. Glad it all worked out, makes it more likely that there will be another opportunity for me to meet you all.
Old 4th August 2018, 05:19 PM
Friend

Finally printed a couple of negatives made on the Saturday when we visited the SVR.

HP5 Pyrocat HD, Wista 45DX 360mm Tele Xenar, Polywarmtone

HP5 Pyrocat HD, Wista 45DX 75mm Super Angulon, Polywarmtone

Ian
Old 4th August 2018, 09:00 PM
Friend

Ian, nice prints. My range of paper experience in my short darkroom life is relatively small but I have never seen any paper like Polywarmtone that gives this wonderful brown warmth without toning. It has captured the subtle "old wood brown" look that I bet the "night mail" carriage has in reality

I hope that Adox can, one day, bring it back in its original state so to speak

Mike
Old 5th August 2018, 12:05 PM
Friend

Really great prints Ian. Hopefully it will be cool enough for me to get in the darkroom and print some of mine soon!
Old 5th August 2018, 07:41 PM
Friend

Excellent prints Ian well worth waiting for. The warmtone really suites the subject, they are quality images. The combination of Pyrocat HD and HP5 has worked fine for you which is the combination I used when I was with you on that day but it did give me a problem with small pin holes in the film emulsion. You did say that you rated HP5 at 400ASA with PyrocatHD and I think you said with a time of 18mins. I have tried to cure my problem with the pinholes with various changes to my processing without success so I was wondering if you could tell me exactly how you process HP5 with Pyrocat HD which may help to solve my problem. Such information as development time agitation and temperature. What stop you use and fixer. I have tried a weak acid stop and a water rinse stop and both acid fixer and alkali fixer without success. I have also tried semi-stand agitation and normal agitation. I was using 120 film. I would be very grateful if you can give me any information which may help me to get rid of these pinholes.
Many thanks,
Tony
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies