Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th May 2022, 06:47 PM
Friend

Posted my print today.
Cheers, Frank
Old 17th May 2022, 03:09 PM
Print Exchange Manager

My offering is in the post.

Mike
Old 18th May 2022, 01:39 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Posted my print today.
Cheers, Frank
And it already got delivered today.

Frank sent me a large print which shows the inside view of the western end of the Heilige Domkirche in Trier.
The photo was shot handheld with his Rolleiflex on HP5 at box speed (must have been a tricky shot indeed if I estimate the amount of available light in the church correctly) and well printed on Adox MCC Glossy fiber paper.
Frank calls this the "honest version", after making some more heavily edited moody versions as well.
While I do appreciate a moody print a lot, I must say that the honest version is wonderful of its own!

I wasn't around in the darkroom yet when Adox still made MCC paper but I do have some old-stock Agfa MCC which I got from a local photographer.
My stock is too far gone for regular B/W use, but it still works wonderfully in lith. The bad news is that there's only a few sheets left...
I sincerely hope that Adox will be able to get this beautiful paper back on the market in the future.

Thanks for this beautiful print Frank!
Old 18th May 2022, 07:08 PM
Friend

Thank you, Sebastiaan, glad you like it.
I uploaded the photo, but it is slightly cropped at the sides, because my scanner cannot fully handle 24x30cm.
Frank
Old 20th May 2022, 07:27 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
My offering is in the post.
Mike
I opened the envelope, took the print and immediately knew that it is by Mike. One of this marvellous woodland scenes, which only he imagines and prints so well. Another masterpiece for my collection. Thank you very much, Mike!
Best wishes, Frank
Old 23rd May 2022, 02:01 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNL View Post
Posted mine this morning.
And it has finally arrived Buzz. Post seems a little slow of late, with even UK post taking longer than before, caused by Post-people still off with covid I presume. In fact one item from Italy took three months to arrive!

Anyway, Buzz was good enough to keep me in mind during a printing session, when he was working with FB matt surface paper. It seems that I must have mentioned that I like the surface... So thanks for that Buzz.

The print is a tranquil picture of the bottom part of a lovely bendy shaped tree, to which someone has made a swing on, for the local kids.

It's a very relaxing scene Buzz, which I can imagine you enjoy cycling through to your work, time and weather permitting.

Many thanks.

Terry S
Old 23rd May 2022, 02:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Mine's posted today
Richard

And arrived. ...
Richard, I really like the one where the figures are very small in the frame.
It took me half an hour to find this picture in "Gallery April"

Old 23rd May 2022, 05:47 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
And it has finally arrived Buzz. Post seems a little slow of late, with even UK post taking longer than before, caused by Post-people still off with covid I presume. In fact one item from Italy took three months to arrive!

Anyway, Buzz was good enough to keep me in mind during a printing session, when he was working with FB matt surface paper. It seems that I must have mentioned that I like the surface... So thanks for that Buzz.

The print is a tranquil picture of the bottom part of a lovely bendy shaped tree, to which someone has made a swing on, for the local kids.

It's a very relaxing scene Buzz, which I can imagine you enjoy cycling through to your work, time and weather permitting.

Many thanks.

Terry S
Good to hear it finally arrived Terry, was almost starting to get a little worried...
Even though I'm only just starting to dabble with FB papers, I think the Fomabrom matt paper really is an amazing paper!

I've uploaded the scan to the gallery.
Old 29th May 2022, 04:05 PM
Friend

Posted today. My apologies to the recipient.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 30th May 2022, 09:39 AM
Print Exchange Manager

It is the last day of May tomorrow and there are still three participants who have not so far posted that their offerings have not been mailed. I hope you haven't forgotten.

As I am supposed to be away from my PC and probably away from the internet on Wednesday 1 June there may may be no more chasing by me for the next couple of weeks.

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies