Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th August 2022, 05:59 PM
Friend

Default Nikon F70 Remote terminal socket cap

Hello, I have recently acquired a Nikon F70 body, and the small button sized cap that covers the 2 pin remote socket on the front of the body is missing, I have looked on ebay without much luck as there seems to be a lot of 10 pin versions about at varying prices, but nothing that says it will fit an F70.
My question is, does anybody know what size cap it actually is, and particularly where I can buy one to fit the F70, as I do have a spare one but its not the right size and is too big.
Any info would be helpful. as although its very much a small cosmetic thing, the camera looks so much nicer with the bare socket covered.
Thanks
Tim
Old 6th August 2022, 12:01 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastman View Post
Hello, I have recently acquired a Nikon F70 body, and the small button sized cap that covers the 2 pin remote socket on the front of the body is missing...
Tim
The Nikon UK page suggests a company to contact for spares, which are also worth bookmarking as they repair various other brands of photographic equipment:

https://www.nikon.co.uk/en_GB/servic...ta/spare_parts

And two eBay sellers are selling off Nikon F70 bodies for spares, but it's probably not so cheap, at about £24 for each of them, but I thought that I'd mention it, and just thinking about it you could make an offer just for the cover you require - you never know:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195109311618

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikon-Bod...-/222872060275

Good luck,

Terry S
Old 6th August 2022, 12:31 PM
Friend

Hi Tim. Some versions of the socket caps fit various models. Some are screwed in, and others are push fitting. It might help if you could post a picture of the socket. I had to find a replacement for an F100, and Nikon were able to supply one. Before I realised that, I picked up a couple of copies from eBay. They were of very poor quality. One was made from aluminium, and looked the part, but the thread was the wrong size/pitch.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 8th August 2022, 06:16 PM
Friend

Default F70 remote terminal cap

Thanks for the info Terry

Alex , yes I have a photo of the camera body but do not know how to enter the URL of my image. But I have since discovered that the terminal cover from my F301 is the same as the F70, so I can screw it onto which ever camera I am planning to use, not the ideal setup so I'll get back onto ebay although most of the ones I looked at were for 10 pin terminals and the spare one I found is too big.
Thanks for your help.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies