Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > News and Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st December 2019, 10:29 PM
Friend

John I am not mocking I do blow worm breath on my prints , to aid developement ,lots of people do ,so its not mocking ,its just stating a fact ,thank you very much..
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:43 PM
Administrator

I think the advantages of slot processors are well established, as are the advantages of tray processing. It's a case of horses for courses. I switched from my Nova slotty thing back to trays for about 6 months but have recently gone back to the Nova as it suits me better - especially in the major reduction in chemical smells and speed of setup and breakdown (which are essentially zero).

I get my watching-the-image-come-up fix by occasionally lifting the print almost completely out of the processor during agitation
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Cannik whenever anybody says this then I appreciate it can sound like saying "I am all right Jack " so raspberries to you when that is not what is meant but it may be something that is affecting your set-up only for whatever reason

All 3 links worked for me

Mike
You are right it was meant as I can't get it to work

Old 2nd December 2019, 03:40 PM
Friend

If it's any consolation to Cannik the videos would not work for me yesterday, but are now running fine today (Monday).

Bit of a coincidence that I mentioned Christmas in the original post as the advert tells us that it will not be ready until after Christmas.

I like the idea of it being a modular system.

Running water is a problem for my situation also.

Hopefully a 10 x 8 set up will be made available once the business is in full swing again. I can always get the large dishes out for the very occasional large print.

It looks very solid in comparison to the original tanks.
I like what I see so far.
Old 2nd December 2019, 03:57 PM
Banned

NOW the link works so it wasn't me then

Old 6th December 2019, 07:29 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat Polton View Post
The Imaging Warehouse site has had an announcement for some time telling us that a new range of Nova print processors will be unveiled in November-December 2019.
November has come and gone with no information so far.

Apart from telling me to be patient and see what Christmas brings, does anybody have any news?

Cheers.
I e-mailed NOVA and got this back.

Dear Martin

Thank you for your enquiry.

There has been a delay in our relaunch of the units and so we are now suggesting it is going to be February/March 2020.

We have added you to our interested list and will contact you as soon as new units are available.

Kind regards,

Steve Price

Operations Manager

So - we'll just have to wait a few more months.

Martin
Old 9th December 2019, 04:46 PM
Friend

I use a colour slot for black and white processing the fourth slot I use with straight water and if using FB paper wash aid. I like the idea of the chemicals at working temp. I also use trays with the slot for developer and then the slot for stop and fix.

The main reason for using a slot is as other have said lack of space.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 29th December 2021, 10:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat Polton View Post
The Imaging Warehouse site has had an announcement for some time telling us that a new range of Nova print processors will be unveiled in November-December 2019.
November has come and gone with no information so far.

Apart from telling me to be patient and see what Christmas brings, does anybody have any news?

Cheers.
Resurrecting an old thread. Yes there are holdups principally due to the availability of some components. The full details of the reasons are on their website and they are now aiming for early 2022
Old 28th February 2022, 09:35 AM
Friend

Did Nova ever make a 10 x 12 processor?
Old 28th February 2022, 10:15 AM
Friend

Default Nova Processors

Going back to the original topic, I know the staff at NOVA quite well and the promised re-vamp of the heated processors has been beset with supply difficulties and availability of the materials needed to construct them.

I spoke to Steve at the Imaging Warehouse about a couple of weeks ago and the situation is very much the same and the cannot get the materials of the quality they need.

As for what improvements will be made have not been disclosed, but the project is definitely not dead.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies