Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th May 2022, 11:16 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Terry what picture is causing your smile to drop? I couldn't quite work out why if its clearance, does it have a claimed expiry date of June 2026? Clearance normally suggests an imminent expiry date and on the label I see a date of April 2022 which makes sense for clearance

I am confused on both aspects. Can anyone help me

Thanks

Mike
I can't help you with the "New Stock" item being sold as a clearance item, but the clue to Terry's dismay is in the link Skellum provided above:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274...Ccl...pid=1705071808

In case I've messed up the link (likely) or the item sells before you see it, here's a screen shot of the offending item - a bulk roll of film displaying itself in the full light of day with no shame whatsoever 😱😟
Old 15th May 2022, 08:50 AM
Friend

Talking

Thank you for the information everyone, maybe it is about time film and paper manufacturers put a arning label on their products. Some sellers on Ebay seriously need to display their products accurately and responsibly. The older I have become the more I believe society is becoming dumber. A girl in my son's class at school questioned her teacher why should she have to learn anything; she only has to search Google to find the answer to anything and everything.
Old 15th May 2022, 12:33 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I can't help you with the "New Stock" item being sold as a clearance item, but the clue to Terry's dismay is in the link Skellum provided above...
Thanks for posting that Molli, for yes, it was the displayed roll of film in full light that got to me. As said, such a waste...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
A girl in my son's class at school questioned her teacher why should she have to learn anything; she only has to search Google to find the answer to anything and everything.
I hope that your son corrected her Norm. I have on numerous occasions confounded google, with only partial answers found and I've then had to try another search engine!

I was also astounded, some time ago now, when I went into a Post Office and bought 10 first class stamps. The young lady behind the counter then had to use a calculator (three times!!!) to tell me how much to pay!

And I remember commentating to a young friend, a long time ago now, when he told me that the school had allowed calculators to be used in a basic maths test! Maybe the young lady mentioned attended the same school?

Terry S
Old 15th May 2022, 03:25 PM
Friend

Thanks Molli. The clearance sale make sense given the date on the tin of Apr this year but the details suggest a date of June 2026 which at over 4 years hence would make sense for the higher priced Foma rolls

£35 for stuff just out of date by a few weeks looks pretty good. At 18 x36 rolls from 100ft this works out at less than £2. It has to be a good number of years since any b&w 200 speed film could be bought for that price

Mike
Old 15th May 2022, 04:13 PM
Friend

Quote:
Thanks Molli. The clearance sale make sense given the date on the tin of Apr this year but the details suggest a date of June 2026 which at over 4 years hence would make sense for the higher priced Foma rolls

£35 for stuff just out of date by a few weeks looks pretty good. At 18 x36 rolls from 100ft this works out at less than £2. It has to be a good number of years since any b&w 200 speed film could be bought for that price

Mike
The tin of film I have received is dated 2024-6.
Old 15th May 2022, 08:10 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
The tin of film I have received is dated 2024-6.
Norm, maybe I got the date reversed and it was June 2024 and not June 2026

Was this the £35 clearance price one? If so that still gives it over 2 years. I like the sellers definition of clearance

Mike
Old 16th May 2022, 07:54 AM
Friend

I have only just looked at the E Bay links and that reinforces my view never to buy anything off E Bay. Do these people even know what they are actually selling/buying? If they do they are taking the buyers for absolute mugs. The prices they are asking for normal B&W film makes that film anything but normal.
Old 16th May 2022, 08:33 AM
Friend

Angry

Quote:
Norm, maybe I got the date reversed and it was June 2024 and not June 2026

Was this the £35 clearance price one? If so that still gives it over 2 years. I like the sellers definition of clearance

Mike
Yes, that is what I purchased as seen in my link, the new stock /clearance heading is confusing but the film I received has a couple of years to go before the "expire" date printed on the tin is reached.
Old 16th May 2022, 11:45 AM
Friend

Thanks Norm. Have you been able to use it and if so how has it turned out?

I am unsure what John is referring to as not normal but I always get worried when one of us seems to have spotted something "not normal" when it comes a film "bargain"

John can you elaborate on which film you are referring to? Is it the price clearance Foma?

Thanks

Mike
Old 16th May 2022, 12:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Thanks Norm. Have you been able to use it and if so how has it turned out?

I am unsure what John is referring to as not normal but I always get worried when one of us seems to have spotted something "not normal" when it comes a film "bargain"

John can you elaborate on which film you are referring to? Is it the price clearance Foma?

Thanks

Mike
Not used any yet I'm currently working my way through a load of out of date film first. I have a massive stash of film to get through I can't believe how much film I have stored, so it may take me a while before I can get time to bulk load and use the Foma 200.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies