Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th July 2010, 03:37 PM
Friend

Default Latest Cameras

Had a bit of luck this week, was attending a Classic car club meeting and a member gave me an old Pentax Mv, looks a nice camera,like new, he bought it new and has only used it twice, and I also got a Werramat, a lovely viewfinder camera, it only arrived today, but it has had a cla and is working perfectly and still has the hood/lens cover, something that does go missing, and all for the princely sum of just $29, so I can't wait bnow to try my latest toys, so with the two Vito's I got last week, a Vito I and 2,I am having a full blown attack of GAS,Richard
Old 28th July 2010, 04:06 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Had a bit of luck this week, was attending a Classic car club meeting and a member gave me an old Pentax Mv, looks a nice camera,like new, he bought it new and has only used it twice, and I also got a Werramat, a lovely viewfinder camera, it only arrived today, but it has had a cla and is working perfectly and still has the hood/lens cover, something that does go missing, and all for the princely sum of just $29, so I can't wait bnow to try my latest toys, so with the two Vito's I got last week, a Vito I and 2,I am having a full blown attack of GAS,Richard

And why not - enjoy

I can remember the Werramat - from the 60s I think.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 28th July 2010, 04:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Pentax Mv, looks a nice camera,like new, he bought it new and has only used it twice,

Richard
Wow All that luck in such a small island. As the late King said( that's Elvis not George VIth ) "On the level you're a luck devil"

Mike
Old 28th July 2010, 05:06 PM
Friend

The werramat was from around 1961 to 64,I have long wanted one but the ones I have seen in carboots etc have all had shutter problems, they have capping shutters the caps have not been working, but this one came up on a dealers site,one I have dealt with for the last two years, since I started collecting usable classic cameras, and Simon said the camera was in great condition, it is near mint and has been cla'd for $29 so I snapped it up,Richard
Old 29th July 2010, 03:48 PM
Friend

Quote:
and I also got a Werramat, a lovely viewfinder camera...
Lovely little camera! I have two of them, and one even came with the Cardinar 100 mm lens that I use with colour film. A rumour goes that at some time Zeiss Jena had too many engineers so to keep them busy bosses decided to build a camera. As it is so unique, it is quite possible it was designed by opticians...

Miha
Old 29th July 2010, 04:13 PM
Friend

This is the fixed lens model with built in exposure meter, I gave it a whirl today and all is working fine,including the old meter, so I am a very happy man,Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies