Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 31st March 2020, 11:34 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
Talking about Morco, their price for 1 litre of Multigrade developer is £11. Their price for 5 litres is £22. So buy a 5 litre canister and get 3 litres free which I did. Decanted into screw top glass bottles, Multigrade stock lasts a very long time - at least 18-24 months
John, I'm a very occasional user in the darkroom a lot of the time. So, I've done in the past what you have just done, but I bought both developer and fixer in 5 litre bottles and bought some good 1 litre, 500ml and 250 ml bottles to decant it all into. The savings that I made on the 5 litres easily paid for the bottles. And who wouldn't want 3 litres of either basically free? On top of these savings, I bought it with one of the offers of 10% off or free delivery as well, saving even more.

As for how long they keep, I have found that when either kept in a full bottle, or topped up with one of the gases discussed on other posts, I have found them to last about 5, yes 5, years, before they run out and I needed to replace them. My Nova slot processor also helped to keep the replacement and waste down. The chemicals were fine right down to the last drop.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies