Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd November 2009, 11:21 AM
Friend

Default Hi I'm new

I went digital in 2004 but have this year acquired an OM1, OM2n, OM3, OM4ti (all mint condition) and just yesterday a 1932 Leica II (D). Digitally I also use a D2x rarely and mostly a Leica M8 these days.

I haven't developed a film for over 20 years having switched to slide film, ending up using Agfa Scala most of the time before I finally went digital. I still expect to shoot digital 95% of the time but am keen to get back into B&W film using the OM3 and 'Barnack'. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I'm off to buy some Tri-X, a dev tank and some chemicals

Ian

Last edited by barnack; 3rd November 2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:33 AM
Friend

Welcome Ian, you will not be disappointed with the Olympus system, by far the best system ever made in my opinion.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:49 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Welcome Ian, you will not be disappointed with the Olympus system, by far the best system ever made in my opinion.
Yeh, I first used an OM1 in 1978 and fell in love with it instantly. I have in the past owned a few including a well used OM3 but I sold all that gear. This year I stumbled across a mint and boxed OM3 - it's the purest slr camera ever made IMHO though I am still keeping my eyes open for a mint black Nikon F2A if I can find one.

Ian
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:10 PM
Friend

Welcome Ian - absolutely agree about the Olympus, although I was firmly entrenched in Nikon by the time I realised how good they were!
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:41 PM
Friend

Hello Ian and welcome to FADU. All the best with your TriX processing :-)

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:58 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnack View Post
This year I stumbled across a mint and boxed OM3 - it's the purest slr camera ever made IMHO though I am still keeping my eyes open for a mint black Nikon F2A if I can find one.
As the owner of a raft of Olympuses of all sorts except an OM-3 or 3Ti, I'm envious! Although I haven't really been looking for one, it would complete the set as it were, since I have an OM-10 (I don't really count that one), OM-1n, OM-2n, OM-2SP, OM-4 and two OM-4Tis. Welcome to FADU, and enjoy the dark .

RH Designs darkroom equipment : dalesphoto.co.uk
Old 3rd November 2009, 01:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
As the owner of a raft of Olympuses of all sorts except an OM-3 or 3Ti, I'm envious! Although I haven't really been looking for one, it would complete the set as it were, since I have an OM-10 (I don't really count that one), OM-1n, OM-2n, OM-2SP, OM-4 and two OM-4Tis. Welcome to FADU, and enjoy the dark .
I know where there is a near mint OM3ti if you are interested

I was tempted. Actually, I'm probably going to offload the OM4ti - its mint condition and I prefer using the OM3. Never gonna sell the OM1 or 2n though, nor the 3. They are all in black - nice.....

Ian
Old 3rd November 2009, 02:03 PM
Friend

Hi Ian and welcome to fADU, have fun with the olmypus's and enjoy getting back to the daqrk side of photography,Richard
Old 3rd November 2009, 02:17 PM
Friend

Hi Ian and welcome. Talk about loyalty to one make. Well you really have shown it. Olympus really has a great following as I can see from some of the comments here.

All that remains is an enlarger and darkroom and your fully good to go.

Mike
Old 3rd November 2009, 02:33 PM
Friend

Welcome to FADU Ian and I really hope you enjoy your return to film.

Bought my first OM1 about 6 years ago. Always wanted one but for some reason never got round to it when they were at their zenith. A delight to use.
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies