Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Top Tips

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th August 2020, 08:13 AM
New User

Default Flushing the negatives

Hi!

I come from Poland and because of the history stumbles we had to invent our own methods of developing photographs etc. I have been browsing my family notes. My father was a professional photographer and I am now doing the same but just for my own use. Anyways, we had our own method of flushing the negatives which involved lots of water and lots of coffee (to drink). For environmental reasons, I modified that method and from now on, you only need 5 litres of water.

The process is as follows:

1. Pour the fixative out and pour the water in. Close it and twist it bottom up vigorously 5 times.

2. Pour out water and pour a fresh one in a second time. Close the cork and turn it the bottom up 10 times.

3) Pour out the water, fill the to the brim with fresh water and do 15 turns. Add 5 turns more after each rinse until you reach 30 turns.

4. Pour out the water, fill with fresh water for the last time and leave it for a minute.

5. Final water change - but this time add a humidifier. One minute of bathing - and move on to drying.

And that's it.

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies