Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Feedback and forum matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st February 2013, 08:55 AM
New User

Default Ilford print dryer

I have an elderly Ilford !"%) RS print dryer and the heater element seems to have died. can anyone help me with a ssource of a ew heater, and probably just as important, ant ideas on fitting a replacement heater/

Thanks

Richardp
Old 18th February 2013, 10:32 AM
Friend

Long time since I had the joys of access to such things...

Have you tried Ilford? They may have spares. If not it should not be impossible to find someone who can replace the heater with a suitable substitute. Having said that we do seem to live in a throw-away society and no one seems to want to mend anything From what I remember they are pretty basic inside.
Old 18th February 2013, 02:40 PM
Friend

I can't help on the heater but these come up on e-bay quite frequently and don't seem to sell for a lot and when you get a price for the replacement heater plus fitting if you don't tackle it yourself you'll have a yardstick against which to work out if a replacement heater is worthwhile

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies