Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th September 2011, 06:42 PM
Friend

Default Durst Laborator 1200/CLS450 not working - please help!

Hello chaps,

I'm in the middle of setting up a darkroom at home and bought the enlarger a few months ago. I've been trying it out and everything has been fine - until today. I plugged in my RH Designs Analyser Pro to the Durst's transformer for a dry run and it seemed to work OK. I only used the timer and focus functions of the analyser but it was controlling the enlarger just fine until the light went out on the Durst.

I unplugged the analyser (the analyser seems fine) but the enlarger light isn't coming on any more. The Durst's fan is still spinning away which is strange unless the bulb and fan are on separate circuits or something. I've replaced the bulb (which was new) with another new spare and no joy. There's a faint smell of burning but it could be dust I suppose as the gear hasn't been used for a long time. I took the case off the transformer and left it running for a little while, keeping a watchful eye on it, but nothing untoward happened.

I'm itching to get cracking on some prints and it would be great if someone could offer some advice.

Cheers!

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies