Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th June 2016, 08:46 PM
Friend

Here is another good deal. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brenzcatec...-/141991750072

The seller is from Germany. I think you'll probably find a few more options by doing a search using "Brenzcatechin" and probably on ebay.de.

If you guys do make a company, please make sure you buy/sale Glycine too. That thing is super expensive and not easy to source within UK.

Bests,

Ashfaque
Old 20th June 2016, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the link Ashfaque
Old 20th June 2016, 11:18 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashfaque View Post
Here is another good deal. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brenzcatec...-/141991750072

The seller is from Germany. I think you'll probably find a few more options by doing a search using "Brenzcatechin" and probably on ebay.de.

If you guys do make a company, please make sure you buy/sale Glycine too. That thing is super expensive and not easy to source within UK.

Bests,

Ashfaque
Here is a cautionary tale about storing Glycine. Several years ago I purchased 1 pound of glycine from Photographers formulary in the US the plan was to keep half myself and sell the rest. I wrapped my glycine in foil then double plastic bags in one ounce lots. Whilst we were on holiday the wife left the mother in law a key to open the curtains and remove the inevitable pile up of junk mail. To say that the mother-in-law hates my guts is an understatement my only crime has been the fact that I have been happily married to her daughter for over 20 years. Picture this the M-o-Law has a good nosey round and finds my stash of glycine in the freezer. Wow! She's got me, I am a drug dealer! She carefully laid out the glycine on the conservatory table in neat rows next to my balance scales and went home no doubt well pleased with herself. I was abroad for six weeks when I got back the glycine had turned brown, ruined, the air turned blue when I saw it. My wife apologised profusely. No apology from the "battle axe". The mother in law is still convinced I am a drug dealer, we still don't speak which as far as I am concerned is worth every penny I lost when my glycine was ruined.
Old 20th June 2016, 12:03 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
Here is a cautionary tale about storing Glycine. Several years ago I purchased 1 pound of glycine from Photographers formulary in the US the plan was to keep half myself and sell the rest. I wrapped my glycine in foil then double plastic bags in one ounce lots. Whilst we were on holiday the wife left the mother in law a key to open the curtains and remove the inevitable pile up of junk mail. To say that the mother-in-law hates my guts is an understatement my only crime has been the fact that I have been happily married to her daughter for over 20 years. Picture this the M-o-Law has a good nosey round and finds my stash of glycine in the freezer. Wow! She's got me, I am a drug dealer! She carefully laid out the glycine on the conservatory table in neat rows next to my balance scales and went home no doubt well pleased with herself. I was abroad for six weeks when I got back the glycine had turned brown, ruined, the air turned blue when I saw it. My wife apologised profusely. No apology from the "battle axe". The mother in law is still convinced I am a drug dealer, we still don't speak which as far as I am concerned is worth every penny I lost when my glycine was ruined.
Good to hear a happy ending for a change

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 20th June 2016, 02:20 PM
Friend

Norm: If you really want up the anti you could drop that old bottle to her door step. :P

My Mother-in-law is quite the opposite. Day before yesterday, I slipped whilst chasing some ducks in their residence - I'm just a 30+ kid. Anyway, this resulted a big gash on my right thumb, skin peeled and a lot of pain. She blames the ducks. Seriously! I guess that's why I married to a woman who is their only child.
Old 8th September 2016, 06:40 PM
Friend

From info had from Bill Mar...I ordered 25 grm from wet plate supplies

received confirmation of order and receipt of payment but no delivery
date......order was placed on sept 3rd.

yesterday , 7th, I emailed them to ask about delivery, no response
received. Today 8th, telephoned to ask same question

answer service on phone that said it no one available at this time
and I was asked to phone later......was unable to leave a message

has anyone used this company and if so what treatment did you get.

many thanks

bobrob.
Old 8th September 2016, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Sorry I have not used them Bobrob.
Old 8th September 2016, 08:48 PM
Friend

Hi Bobrob

Notice on their home page:-

PLEASE NOTE: Our warehouse will be closed between 2nd September and 9th September, orders placed during these dates will begin to ship the week commencing the 12th September. Orders for silver boxes and fixer boxes will start their manufacturing process the week commencing the 12th September.
Old 9th September 2016, 10:24 PM
Friend

thanks for the info,

slight panic attack sorted.

Bobrob.
Old 24th February 2017, 09:40 AM
Friend

If anyone is still in the market for buying and splitting down 500g from Silverprint, I am ready to buy 100g + postage.
I have checked out Wet Plate Supplies, but the postage is pretty expensive even for a UK delivery.
David
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies