Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Members Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th September 2020, 05:27 PM
Friend

Default New Website Portfolio – Pandemic Street Photography

Hello Everyone!

I've been working on a series here in London ever since the pandemic began. I've just finished working on a new website where I've shared some of the work.

Shot on my Rolleiflex Type 5 mostly on Kodak TX 400 @ 1600. I develop the rolls myself using XTOL at a dilution of 1:3.

Without further ado, here you are: https://bit.ly/3kAGHLs

Best,
S.
Old 24th September 2020, 06:54 PM
Friend

they are great photographs ,and will be of historical importance in the future great work well done ..

www.essexcockney.com
Old 25th September 2020, 07:15 AM
Friend

A good idea, very nice street pgotography that has been well presented - congrataulations.

Thanks for sharing.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 25th September 2020, 07:47 AM
Friend

Thanks for the link, but the site doesn't work for me at all in Chrome.
Best of lucky with the project though.
Old 25th September 2020, 11:55 AM
Friend

Hmmm.

I quite like some of the pictures and I like a bit of blur occasionally, but two pictures stand out to me as being more out of focus than blurred with movement.

I'm also at a loss as to what the 'floating circle' actually does, other than allowing one to change between two choices at the top of the page, being 'BOUT' and 'WORKS' and YES(!) that is how it is spelt and it's not a typo on my part. I thought that when I held it over a picture and double clicked I might get a bigger, solitary image, but it just remains a circle that makes that small area a negative...?

I'm also not quite so sure about he layout, as there is a lot of white space (something else that I usually like) and the single images that are alone on the right or left are just longing for another image next to them. For whatever reason, the solitary, centralised pictures look good in the layout.

I do like the constant changing list of descriptions on the 'BOUT' page though.

Overall, I like some of the pictures and parts of the layout - I'm just saying what I think btw peoples.

A few tweaks and in my eyes anyway, it would look much, much better.

Keep up with the project though. This period, hopefully, we will look back on and some will wonder how we all managed to live through it all.

Terry S
Old 25th September 2020, 02:34 PM
Friend

I am sure I replied to this thread but it has disappeared somehow

Terry The floating circle turns the positive back into a negative where the circle is and it was interesting to use it as it seemed to show if there was texture in the highlights and shadows even where this wasn't always so clear from the positive

skellum: The site it seemed to work OK for me in Chrome

Safelight: I liked the shot of the dog apparently looking at the old lady on what I assume was the underground train. I imagined it saying to itself: What are these humans wearing and why?

Mike
Old 25th September 2020, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Thanks for the link, but the site doesn't work for me at all in Chrome.
Best of lucky with the project though.
Works OK for me in Firefox and Chrome. Perhaps you have a plug-in that is blocking it - I get that with my usual browser, firefox, sometimes.
Old 25th September 2020, 08:30 PM
Friend

Safari can't work with it either, running in Catalina on my Mac. Windows browsers are mixed.
Old 26th September 2020, 06:51 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

No problems at all for me with Safari running in Catalina.
Old 26th September 2020, 12:04 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Terry The floating circle turns the positive back into a negative where the circle is and it was interesting to use it as it seemed to show if there was texture in the highlights and shadows even where this wasn't always so clear from the positive

Mike
Thanks for that Mike. I understand now.

And using it, it is quite interesting to see how much detail is / was in the original negative.

I'm just wondering though, are these scans of the prints or the negatives? I ask as I'm now trying to get my head around why we can see more detail in the negative bits of the pictures when using the floating circle. It makes me wonder if they are negative scans, although it makes no difference to the pictures, for if they are good, they are good etc. I'm just pondering that's all.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies