Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Alternative Processes > Alternate printing processes

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th October 2020, 12:11 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambsIan View Post
The lack of sunshine has had me thinking about alternatives and I had been wondering about UV light bulbs like these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Equivalent-...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Ian
Ian, I am not an expert on this matter, so can only pass on what I've read over the years.

The lamps that you have linked too, I believe are not the ones you require, for they are much too weak. The linked ones, are for what they show in the thumbnail pictures, which is basically for parties etc. to make fluorescent paint and markers glow in the dark.

Alex above mentions that he uses a 'UV tanning lamp', which is the sort of thing you will need. Cheapish and workable ones are sold on the original link that had the kit on that you thought of buying.

Checking other sites, the cheapest facial unit I could find is on ebay, with a new one starting at £68.00, but is not designed for photographic use, like the one on the original site link, but who said our hobby was cheap?

I'd recommend doing a bit more searching to see what others use for their UV exposures, which will cover quite a range, to include the above, to including quite a lot of diy boxes fitted with UV tubes. It all depends on your diy abilities and how much you want to spend.

Terry S

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies