Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 18th February 2020, 08:04 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Yes soulstar, what I meant was what you interpreted it to be and Terry summed up well. I know nothing literally of scanning but my understanding is that a normal scan shows the negative as a negative or a print as a print which is positive but a reverse scan turns the negative into a positive as if it were a transparency or print.

In some ways given you are trying to illustrate how your dilution and time handled the negative an actual digital picture of the negative may be the best option. This should be the truest representation of the negative since as I understand matters, a scanner can do things to the negative in terms of alteration without the user realising it which is an attempt to effect an improvement but only serves to mislead viewers to the extent that the negative we then see may not necessarily be the most authentic representation of that negative which detracts from this kind of analysis

I hope that makes sense

Mike
yes that does make sense.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies