Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Equipment miscellaneous

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th December 2019, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Very enlightening and amusing Bob
Old 7th December 2019, 12:22 PM
Print Exchange Manager

I had started a post and then lost it while trying to check something. So here goes agiain.
This is an interesting thread as I have been thinking about an L bracket. Obviously needs careful consideration.

Previously used the joint on the tripod head to alter the orientation which leaves one still having to fiddle the levelling. Since getting Peak Design things - specifically their 'Capture' clip - I have decided to standardise on the Arca-Swiss quick release plates after finding a slide on plate was not firm on a tripod. I am awaiting one of their tripods I supported through Kickstarter (70th B'day present to myself). I like their things and their ethos even though prices are rel. high especially since this Brexit nonsense started.
Mike

Last edited by Bob; 7th December 2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 7th December 2019, 12:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
My spellchecker still does not like it tho. I shall send it back to the manufactory forthwith, accompanied by a stiff letter and instructions to have one of their boys make the necessary adjustments.
And don't forget to tell them that it needs more 'adjustability'!

But getting back to the original thread... I have received the first part of my L-bracket bits purchase from China, the 'tripod mount turnie thing', as I shall call it. It is extremely well made for the couple of quid that it cost me, so I am really happy so far.

Once I have received the full amount of bits I will give it a good go before reporting back with my thoughts on whether to buy cheap or if you can afford it buy the more expensive branded bits.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies