Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 2nd May 2018, 11:06 PM
Friend

Oh yes, I also forgot to say that I posted my print last Saturday....
Old 3rd May 2018, 12:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Whoops - forgot to mention... Mine went in the post Monday. Should be winging its way to the South East coast (or possibly reached it depending on the post).
And I've just received it Bob, or so I presume it's from you, as the letter with it only said 'Bob' with no other details.

Anyway, what I have received is a lovely FB print, made from a negative taken on 120 SFX = a film I think I only tried once years ago upon it's original release date, along with Kodak IR film. Seeing this print, I should like to have another go!

The picture is of a lone tree on a small hill. The sky is gloriously as black as it comes at the top, graduating to a darker grey on the horizon. A small part of a stone wall add interest to the left of the print.

It is really hard to describe what I have next to me as I type this. All I really want to say though, is thank you very much Bob for a wonderful print. I just hope mine turn out as good when I next try the above mentioned film.

I also hope your scan shows as best as possible what I have received.

Terry S
Old 3rd May 2018, 12:39 PM
Friend

Received just now, Terry. Something a bit different - a Holga shot of some garage shutters...all geometry and light and shadow, all of which I am a big fan. Composition-wise it works for me. Printed on Kentmere Lustre paper and there’s plenty of detail in the shadows.

A very welcome addition to my growing collection of FADU Exchange prints. Many thanks!

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Well despite the constant heavy rain for about the last 18 hours, I managed to finally get up to darkroom at the end of the garden, without getting too wet. Temperature inside was 08C, for which I should have wrapped up a bit better for.

Despite this, I managed to print up for both rounds of the print exchange = April and May 2018.

I'm now sitting down writing the accompanying letters whilst the prints dry. BUT, I'm NOT going out in the rain again today, having just dried out and warmed up a bit. So, as I have to be out and about tomorrow, I promise (Cubs honour and all that) that I'll post the April round tomorrow = Tuesday 01 May 2018, and the May's round print a day or two later, for which I will put a notification on the relevant set of posts when sent.

I hope this is okay with everyone, but especially the Tony the organiser.

Terry S
Old 3rd May 2018, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
My print will go in the post Monday or Tuesday. I will not have access to post is leaving on the day.
And safely received several days ago. Sorry for the delay - I seem to be having trouble posting this week. I remember writing it but it is nowhere to be found - not even in the wrong forum...

Thanks for the great print Mitch. A beautiful dreamlike pinhole shot of the reed-edged lake with a winter sun (I am assuming) just peeking through grey clouds. A lovely composition, perfectly printed. I only wish my experiments came out anything like this .

It's really pushing me to hack a pinhole camera from a lens body cap together and have a go myself.

Thanks again, and cheers, Bob.

Last edited by Bob; 3rd May 2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 3rd May 2018, 09:22 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundH View Post
Oh yes, I also forgot to say that I posted my print last Saturday....
Received it today. A great print, a detail of an interesting building in Norwich. taken on a film I must admit I have never heard of (Kosmofoto mono 100).
Thank you
Old 4th May 2018, 08:16 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Marsh View Post
Received it today. A great print, a detail of an interesting building in Norwich. taken on a film I must admit I have never heard of (Kosmofoto mono 100).
Thank you
I've posted a scan in the gallery. The film has been mentioned quite a bit around the internet in recent months, it's an attractively repackaged Foma film intermittently sold on Kosmofoto.com. This and other images in the series were recently featured on the site.

https://kosmofoto.com/2018/04/kosmonauts-edmund-holmes/
Old 4th May 2018, 11:22 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
Received just now, Terry. Something a bit different - a Holga shot of some garage shutters...all geometry and light and shadow, all of which I am a big fan. Composition-wise it works for me. Printed on Kentmere Lustre paper and there’s plenty of detail in the shadows.

A very welcome addition to my growing collection of FADU Exchange prints. Many thanks!

Michael
Good to hear it has arrived OK Michael and with good speed by the PO.

I will try my best to do a scanning session really soon, to put this months print along with a few from other rounds into the gallery.

Terry S
Old 5th May 2018, 09:49 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
And safely received several days ago. Sorry for the delay - I seem to be having trouble posting this week. I remember writing it but it is nowhere to be found - not even in the wrong forum...

Thanks for the great print Mitch. A beautiful dreamlike pinhole shot of the reed-edged lake with a winter sun (I am assuming) just peeking through grey clouds. A lovely composition, perfectly printed. I only wish my experiments came out anything like this .

It's really pushing me to hack a pinhole camera from a lens body cap together and have a go myself.

Thanks again, and cheers, Bob.
Thanks Bob, I am pleased you like it. It is one of my favorites from the series. You are right it is winter sun on a very cold day. There was in places a glass like sheet of ice on the lake to make thing more interesting.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 7th May 2018, 05:32 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeysapple View Post
Sorry for my delayed response here—I made a recent visit to Yosemite National Park and received these when I return home to Kansas City, MO (US).

Peace,
Joey Wilson (joeysapple)
I’ve just received a beautiful photo from Joey and they don’t come more iconic than this; Half Dome, Yosemite National Park.

I’ve always admired and lusted after an original AA print but now I’ve got my very own authentic JW print!

Bravo and a big thank you for your personal interpretation of an absolute classic.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 12th May 2018, 10:58 PM
Friend

Yay! You received it! I’m glad you like it. What an amazing place Yosemite is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies