Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th November 2019, 12:11 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miha View Post
Before you go out and spend a fortune on all this equipment, have a look at my simple solution that works like a charm: Nova heater and an aquarium pump, all S/H:

Health warning noted!

Do you set the thermostat for a degree or more than the desired working temperature of the chemicals?
Old 12th November 2019, 12:50 PM
Friend

You cannot set 38.7C on the thermostat analogue scale, therefore I set it a littel under 40C and follow the thermometer. Once 38C is reached it is pretty stable even for E6.
Old 12th November 2019, 01:01 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miha View Post
You cannot set 38.7C on the thermostat analogue scale, therefore I set it a littel under 40C and follow the thermometer. Once 38C is reached it is pretty stable even for E6.
Thank you!
Old 12th November 2019, 07:11 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
Kodak is quite stern in their instructions not to pre-rinse to warm the tank.
I think that Eastman's recommendation were made using a one-shot processor with high carryover. I made a detailed study of pre-rinsing for E6 and C-41 and wrote it up here in 2016. Search for 'Smartlab'.
Quote:
Because the Jobo solution volume is so low and aeriates the developer, Kodak recommends 1 shot and toss.
Kodak is quite right. The developer defines the quality of the negative, which also effects ease of printing.
Quote:
Same recommendation goes for bleach and fixer.
The bleach needs plenty of oxidation to function - the Jobo is ideal.
Quote:
The RA system requires 1 minute bleach and I fix for a couple minutes. I rinse between bleach and fixer just to prevent carry over.
The bleach and fix work in concert to finality and the times can be extended. Carryover is intended - there is no benefit in rinsing between them.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies