Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - Pinhole

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd April 2018, 06:44 PM
Friend

There is an article in last weeks Amateur Photographer about this very subject
Old 23rd April 2018, 07:48 PM
Friend

Thanks for the head's up on that, Chris. I'll see if I can find that on the news stand here.

Cheers,
Svend
Old 23rd April 2018, 08:11 PM
Friend

My latest pinhole camera cost only £25 - it's a pinhole set in a lens board for a large format camera. It's made by Intrepid but could be used on any camera that takes Linhof/Technika boards. Now I have the option to take pinholes with the camera that I'm carrying anyway, and also a choice of angles of view depending on how the belows are set.
Old 23rd April 2018, 09:48 PM
Friend

Good one - thanks Kevin. The images from a 4x5 pinhole must be really wonderful. Sounds like a very nice, and flexible, setup that you have there.

This has got me thinking of using my Mamiya C330 for pinhole. I will have to rummage around my kit bin for a body cap, or maybe just make one and add a pinhole. Will explore this further...
Old 24th April 2018, 05:24 PM
Friend

Thanks to Steve for reminding me that I also have a lens cap for my SLR. ;-) If you go for a TLR camera, you would not even have to change lenses to compose the image. :-)
Frank
Old 25th April 2018, 12:24 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Thanks to Steve for reminding me that I also have a lens cap for my SLR. ;-) If you go for a TLR camera, you would not even have to change lenses to compose the image. :-)
Frank
Hi Frank

Its a front body cap (The cap you would put on if there is no lens on the camera), rather than a lens cap, so no lens on the camera.

steve
Old 25th April 2018, 01:15 PM
Friend

Everything you need here http://pinholesolutions.co.uk/
Old 25th April 2018, 04:21 PM
Friend

Hi Steve,
Yes, of course and i got it wrong. Mine is a sort of a front body cap for the mount of my main work horse SLR. Therefore I compose the frame with a normal lens and then change to the pinhole with the same mount. Another source: https://skinkpinhole.com/wp/
Frank
Old 25th April 2018, 04:43 PM
Friend

The C330 body cap would be a goer if a pinhole could give any kind of viewable image in the composing chamber. That would be easy enough to check. Of course, you would need to make a body cap with two identical pinholes, which strikes me as practicable. You might need a dark cloth to compose.
Old 27th April 2018, 01:41 PM
Friend

Hi Michael,
Depending on the field of view of the pinhole, a C330 body cap could possibly (hopefully) be composed using the focusing hood in sportsfinder mode. It has that flip-down front panel and rear peephole that is common with TLRs. I'm sure there's a web resource out there that can give me the fields of view for various pinhole focal lengths.

Regards,
Svend
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies