Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 22nd June 2021, 06:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNL View Post
Posted my submission this morning.
And two lovely infrared photo’s turned up today.
I think the combination of sun, location and Rollei Retro 400S as film of choice, has certainly worked like a charm.
They are both very well printed but I believe the wooden walkway has the edge, for me. Mainly down to my preference for composition and tonality.

I’m not familiar with the 2 nature reserves but they both look like they could be worth a visit, with or without a camera.
Many thanks and best of luck with the following rolls!
Martin

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 23rd June 2021, 06:55 AM
Friend

Thanks for your kind feedback Martin.
They're definitely worth a visit!
I'll upload them to the gallery.
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:21 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNL View Post
... and today I received a beautiful print from Mike Heller, on behalf of Richard Gould.

As Richard has to take things easy, Mike has kindly sent me a photo of a seakayaking trip from when he was visiting Jersey a couple of years ago.
Taken with a Nikonos V, an interesting camera, nicely printed on Ilford MGV RC paper.

Thank you Mike, and Richard, I hope your health will allow you to join the exchange again soon!
It was SEVEN years ago....How time flies!! Luckily I hadn't sent you a print previously so took on the job.. otherwise I would have tried to press gang another participant to do it. And the print had to have some connection with Jersey. Unfortunately I only took photos on the water although I did do some exploring of Jersey on a hired bike but didn't have another camera with me or anything to carry it in.

It may reduce my options of whom to send to in the next and future exchanges.......Talking of which, it is that time of the month again!

Mike
Old 25th June 2021, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
My offering has made it to the post.

Mike
And received today (actually, arrived Wednesday but I was out and had to have it re-delivered today)...

Thanks Mike - you definitely achieved your intention to show off the sun-lit, moss covered boulders. They were what caught my eye and I though "that looks like a collapsed wall". The tree arching over the top adds interest and frames the composition with the closely spaced trees in the background making for a contrast with the clear area inside the boulder wall making it look like an area of calm - the sunlight helps that too I feel. Nicely spotted and composed.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 26th June 2021, 04:24 PM
Friend

Caught the 3 o'clock post today.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 27th June 2021, 11:40 AM
Friend

Posted mine yesterday, at last.

http://graemestarkphotography.blogspot.com/
Old 30th June 2021, 01:12 PM
Friend

And my offering has finally made it into the post today...

Terry S
Old 30th June 2021, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Apologies - mine is going to be a couple of days late - I've been down with the lurgy this week - no, not THAT one - bacterial gastroenteritis. Being double vaccinated, I think I would prefer "that" one...
Old 1st July 2021, 12:41 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
And my offering has finally made it into the post today...

Terry S
And it got delivered back to me this morning!....

The 'To' address is in really LARGE and bold print on the envelope and the 'From' address i.e. me, is really SMALL, yet it still gets delivered back to me...arggghhh!!!

And there I am saying how quick and efficient the Royal Mail are in previous posts...

I'll cover bits up and put it back into the post, ho hum.

Terry S
Old 1st July 2021, 05:19 PM
Friend

Thanks to all for the good wishes, I am now back home, and recovering well, it was a mild strike, and affected my right side, but the worst of the effects are now gone, and I am now in the care of my GP, who I saw yesterday for the second time since I was released, and she considers me well over the worst,indeed so much so I don't need another surgery visit for 28 dasys,and will even let me start driving again soon, and I have even been out this week for the for the first time with a camera, not far just around the resovoir near home, and used a film, If all continues as well as it has to date I should be able to join next month's exchange, if my wife lets me, it has been as hard on her as on me
Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies