Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 21st August 2021, 10:23 PM
Friend

Richard,
Never mind print 3.
What classic do you drive??? I don't have anything over 20 years old, so not a proper classic owner, but very curious indeed.
Old 22nd August 2021, 07:36 PM
Friend

Today I took my Mg f modern classic from 2001 but I also have a 1994 Mercedes C180 and a MG midget from ,1960 my second passion can get expensive
Richard
Old 22nd August 2021, 08:22 PM
Friend

Good evening Richard. My daily transport is a 2002 TF, and I have 2 other 'project' TFs awaiting my attention. By now I'm supposed to be retired with time to do it, but that's another story. The great thing about the F/TF is the wealth of information on the forums about how to work on them. Just as well, some would say.
The midget really is tiny by todays standards, but the Mercedes looks like a comfortable big bus. Good luck with them, and I hope the sun shone for your show today.
Old 23rd August 2021, 02:47 PM
Print Exchange Manager

My offering has made it to the post.

Mike
Old 23rd August 2021, 09:00 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Good evening Richard. My daily transport is a 2002 TF, and I have 2 other 'project' TFs awaiting my attention. By now I'm supposed to be retired with time to do it, but that's another story. The great thing about the F/TF is the wealth of information on the forums about how to work on them. Just as well, some would say.
The midget really is tiny by todays standards, but the Mercedes looks like a comfortable big bus. Good luck with them, and I hope the sun shone for your show today.
We had a great Day the sun shone all day and my f won silver both f and tf are classic cars the last British mg roadsters the Merc is big but in 1994 was the baby Mercedes and my F is used everyday just such fun to drive
Richard
Old 24th August 2021, 01:57 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Posted today.
And received today. A sumptuous print on glossy FB paper of a wooden bridge in the hills of the Faroe Isles. It is some time since I have used FB paper and forgotten how nice it feels and the glossy surface has just the right amount of gloss. I generally find that Gloss RC is too shiny for my taste.

It is from a MF negative and the subtle tones that are present are really tremendous.

Thanks, Mike
Old 24th August 2021, 06:22 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
And received today. A sumptuous print on glossy FB paper of a wooden bridge in the hills of the Faroe Isles. It is some time since I have used FB paper and forgotten how nice it feels and the glossy surface has just the right amount of gloss. I generally find that Gloss RC is too shiny for my taste.

It is from a MF negative and the subtle tones that are present are really tremendous.

Thanks, Mike
Many thanks, Mike.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 27th August 2021, 05:49 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
My offering has made it to the post.
Mike
Hi Mike,
Well arrived today and I am delighted by the print. You made the click in the very right moment and the photo tells the story. Again something to learn from your fabulous print. As far as I remember this is the first Cooltone that I see. 135 film enlarged to this size and great tones and sharpness. I should try the paper and the Delta 100 once as well.
Thanks! Frank
Old 29th August 2021, 12:56 PM
Friend

My print has just been taken to the Post Office counter, but with the Bank Holiday on Monday, it won't be picked up for delivery until Tuesday 31/08/21.

Now to do Septembers print...

Terry S
Old 3rd September 2021, 04:05 PM
Friend

I just received a photograph from Terry S. It is a large rabbit sculpture of a park near the place where he lives. The rabbit was painted by an artist.

I very like the photograph because it conforms with my intention for photographing. Looking close what happens where we live and look for the peculiar and passing. These sculptures (there are more of them) are such a thing.

Thank you very much!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies