Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th June 2015, 06:24 PM
Friend

Default Early copy of BJP volume 39 archive.org useful resource

BJP 1854-56 ish.

https://archive.org/details/britishjournalof39londuoft

also

https://archive.org/details/1910britishjourn00londuoft

Last edited by GoodOldNorm; 13th June 2015 at 06:31 PM. Reason: added text
Old 17th June 2015, 10:20 AM
Friend

Thanks for the link. You all don't know how lucky you are to have somebody else scan that & put it online. I set out to scan an early BJP Almanac once & gave up on the front set of adverts. The Almanacs up to WW1 were all about 1300 pages & as the 100 year+ paper's so fragile there's no way of speeding it up, even when the binding has failed & it's a pile of pages.
Old 2nd July 2015, 05:50 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
Thanks for the link. You all don't know how lucky you are to have somebody else scan that & put it online. I set out to scan an early BJP Almanac once & gave up on the front set of adverts. The Almanacs up to WW1 were all about 1300 pages & as the 100 year+ paper's so fragile there's no way of speeding it up, even when the binding has failed & it's a pile of pages.
The old BJP Almanacs are worth owning for the adverts and the magnificent gravure plates. I have a set back to 1932 complete except for the 1935 edition which has proved a bit elusive. Agree, I wouldn't like to undertake scanning even a single volume, particularly the much older and thicker ones.
Old 2nd July 2015, 03:28 PM
Friend

Seems people had more time "back in the day." Can you imagine sitting down to read that today? or even the postage to deliver?

Thanks for the link. Interesting to see how much things have changed and how much they haven't.
Old 3rd July 2015, 01:46 PM
Friend

when ever I can buy there annuals cheap I buy them, there are a lot of them about and are better than the photography magazines they sell these days ,all mine are pre digital ..But please keep it a secret we don't want everybody going out a buying them all up ...;-)

www.essexcockney.com
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies