Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th May 2022, 04:34 PM
Friend

The prices they are suggesting is what they will sell it for is 'not normal' in other words way above what I would be expected to pay - but there again it is E bay innit There's one born almost every minute!
Old 16th May 2022, 04:49 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
The prices they are suggesting is what they will sell it for is 'not normal' in other words way above what I would be expected to pay - but there again it is E bay innit There's one born almost every minute!
Thanks, yes, there is no advantage to this site for most film stock but Foma 200 clearance rolls in 30 metres looks to be the exception

Just a pity that Norm hasn't used his yet but it looks as if it should be OK

Mike
Old 17th May 2022, 11:15 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
...but there again it is E bay innit There's one born almost every minute!
I'm the complete opposite to John, as I buy quite a bit on ebay. BUT, I look at other sites as well, to compare prices and the reviews of the seller.

But I know what you mean John, you only have to look at the enormous variation in price for a single roll of HP5+. The higher prices that the film gets sold at, although not as often as the lower priced ones, goes to show that there are inexperienced photographers or / and users of eBay, who end up buying products at highly inflated prices, often way higher than the lowest priced seller, for exactly the same item.

Terry S
Old 17th May 2022, 01:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I can't help you with the "New Stock" item being sold as a clearance item, but the clue to Terry's dismay is in the link Skellum provided above:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274...Ccl...pid=1705071808

In case I've messed up the link (likely) or the item sells before you see it, here's a screen shot of the offending item - a bulk roll of film displaying itself in the full light of day with no shame whatsoever 😱😟
This may not be exactly as it is shown here. It seems to be a standard Ilford advertising image. I have just come across the same image on the Mathers of Lancashire website and it is exactly the same, so not an original posted on wherever, but an image poached from Ilford.
Old 19th May 2022, 07:58 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
Not used any yet I'm currently working my way through a load of out of date film first. I have a massive stash of film to get through I can't believe how much film I have stored, so it may take me a while before I can get time to bulk load and use the Foma 200.
Bought a tin too. They are also doing 17m for £20 and I am thinking of getting one. Its fine and a really nice film. I had some old FP4 in my loader and swapped them over. I thought I had let some light in so I made a short roll, whacked it in a little range finder then developed it in stock id11 at box. Its a really nice everyday film. Have a look at SFLAB's take on it
https://youtu.be/2sGSxXPKH_g

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies