Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th June 2020, 12:48 PM
Friend

Thanks for the heads up!

Even though I've just skimmed through the youtube link above at post #7, that still works, I'm looking forward to seeing it over breakfast on the tv, Friday morning. And from what I've just seen, it's going to be a interesting programme.

Terry S
Old 16th June 2020, 06:56 PM
Friend

Not strictly relevant to this thread but given the scarcity of new programmes due to coronavirus I am amazed that the BBC has yet to re-run The Genius of Photography. At the time this had to be one of the BBC's biggest photography series

Mike
Old 17th June 2020, 11:31 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Not strictly relevant to this thread but given the scarcity of new programmes due to coronavirus I am amazed that the BBC has yet to re-run The Genius of Photography. At the time this had to be one of the BBC's biggest photography series

Mike
I think this was shown again only recently, as I watched it again.

I may have even bought the DVDs and have them in my collection somewhere, bought after it was first shown... my memory is not what it used to be.

But, yes, there's a lot of great documentaries that haven't been re-run for a while.

Now imagine if a group of us ran the BBC. What great viewing we would have!

Terry S

PS Having just checked, all the episodes are available on youtube. Maybe that's why the BBC don't bother?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...cnT0WP9g6783ml

I also only found out recently, that I can look something up (like the above for example) on my mobile phone, and then with a push of a button icon on my phone, I can watch it on my much better for viewing , TV! How clever is that? and because I have wifi, I haven't got any extra payment to make. But one can always watch it on their monitor of course, especially if the TV is being used by the rest of the family to watch something else.

Last edited by Terry S; 17th June 2020 at 11:37 AM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies